Wednesday 15 February 2012

Welcome to ReSt

This is the first blog for Responsible Stewardship Limited - or ReSt - the consulting company I set up to provide advisory services in the area of corporate social responsibility (CSR) and responsible investment. After a career spanning twenty years as a financial analyst, researching and writing on the European corporate bond and credit markets, I have became increasingly concerned by the effects of the growing global ecological crisis on both the natural world and human society. Having trained originally as an economist, my interest in environmental and social issues led me to pursue part-time postgraduate studies in sustainable development, environmental management, and biodiversity conservation (CeDEP) before eventually deciding to quit financial markets altogether in 2011. I am however still involved as a consultant to a major global investment management company, advising on the implementation of their responsible investment policy and on the analysis of environmental, social, and governance (ESG) risks in investment portfolios. I am also a member of the management team for the UK arm of a Christian nature conservation charity, A Rocha (A Rocha International). On these Blogger pages, I hope to share my thoughts and observations on the political, moral and ethical dilemmas facing business, finance and wider society in the quest for a more just and sustainable world.

No comments:

Post a Comment